- Alternative Dispute Resolution/Mediation
- Business & Commercial
- Class Action
- Directors & Officers
- Government & Public Entity
- Health Care
- Life and Health Insurance
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Real Estate
- Retail and Hospitality
Experienced Trial Lawyers
Burnham Brown attorneys regularly represent clients in court trials, jury trials, arbitration, mediation and administrative hearings in local, state and federal courts, and jurisdictions. This extensive experience enables us to offer quality legal representation with the benefit of local knowledge. Furthermore, we combine our traditional courtroom skills with business acumen and state-of-the-art resources. This enables us to successfully develop strategic litigation plans that achieve our clients' overall business goals.
Our litigation capabilities embrace a broad spectrum. We represent individuals, businesses and associations, corporations, and public entities throughout California. We handle cases at all levels of complexity, including multi-party business and commercial litigation involving economic and business losses. We are thoroughly conversant in defending class actions as well as traditional torts.
As a firm, Burnham Brown attracts attorneys with excellent pre-trial and courtroom skills and provides them with abundant opportunities to hone their skills. These include mastery of strategic discovery processes; keen understanding of legal process in local, state, and federal jurisdictions; and persuasive oral argument before judges, mediators, and juries. As active members in the American Board of Trial Advocates and the Earl Warren American Inn of Court, we have earned a reputation as strong and worthy courtroom opponents among our peers in the legal community.
Burnham Brown employs an interdisciplinary approach to litigation. We promptly assess potential liability exposure in each case, and allocate the resources and expertise necessary to achieve our client's objective. We provide our associate attorneys with extensive training and supervision to ensure that our clients are represented by a strong and cohesive legal team. Our ability to respond rapidly and decisively to catastrophic events, with the right process and the right people, provides our clients an immediate advantage even before disputes arise.
Extensive Resources, Advanced Technology, Timely Response
Burnham Brown offers the specialized knowledge of a small, focused litigation firm supported by the broad-based resources of a large law firm.
Because of our successful track record in some of the nation's most dynamic legal jurisdictions, we can call upon highly regarded consultants, technicians, expert witnesses, and investigators to assist us in all phases of trial preparation. This valuable network gives us an important advantage in complex cases, as well as expediting our risk management analysis.
We regularly conduct training sessions in litigation management techniques and effective use of client communication systems, including the full range of traditional and web-based media. Our litigation support team is experienced in designing sophisticated databases for shared use by clients and attorneys in multi-party litigation. This capability has proven effective not only in managing client information, but also in obtaining electronic data from adversaries during pre-trial discovery.
To speak with a Burnham Brown attorney who has the expertise you need, please call 510.444.6800.
- Burnham Brown, Partner, Robert Bodzin Appointed for Another Term as Advisor to the Executive Committee of the State Bar Litigation Section
- Burnham Brown Partner, Robert Bodzin, Starts Term as Chair of the Litigation Section of the California State Bar
- California Business Litigation Update - Ex-New Yorker Explains California's Far-Reaching Unfair Competition Law
- Defending the Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Case in California: Eight Steps to Avoid Getting Hustled
- A New Obligation for Employers: The Duty to Reasonably Accommodate Employees Who Are Associated With a Disabled Person
- California Appellate Court disapproves "other insurance" clause eliminating duty to defend when another carrier is defending
- Trial Court's Finding that Biomechanical Expert Testimony was Required to Present a Low-Impact Defense was "Error As a Matter of Law"
- California Trial Court Strikes Blow Against "Every Exposure" Theory In Asbestos Litigation
- The Impacts of Electronic Information on Litigation
- Practical Guidelines For Working With Experts
- And The Defense Wins
- DRI members Paul Caleo and Katrina Romero of Burnham Brown win a summary judgment motion in the matter entitled Princess Pope v. Essex Property Trust
Reported Trial Results
- Successfully defended technology company executive against alleged misappropriation of photographs on the Internet